Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Eating In the Light of the Moon

My dietitian has given me homework. I am to read a book called Eating In the Light of the Moon. I have to admit, I didn't want to read it, though I can't identify why. As I have begun to read this, many things have been brought to light about the eating disorder I struggle with. Over the next few posts, I'd like to tell my story, living with ED (ED will be how I now refer to "eating disorder"). The author did such a good job putting my thoughts into words, that I will use many excerpts from the book itself, changed words here and there to reflect them as my own. Whether you think you have an ED, know someone with an ED or aren't at all familiar with ED's, I recommend following my posts and dialogue with me. ED's are very real and very common - the knowledge itself will be worth it.