Saturday, December 17, 2011

Two Week Hiatus

I've been kidnapped.

By my schedule and everything else.

Where are your "after" pictures, Amykinz?


I ate them.

No, really, though. I've been on a two week hiatus from my exercise plan and not by choice.

Last week was filled with emotional stress, physical pains, migraines, etc. I decided to take the week off from my workouts and call it a "mental health" week.

This week, my schedule attacked me.

All my workouts have been on the schedule, yet something inevitably came up to sabotage them, like my 4-month-old baby developing RSV. Oy.

I've successfully made to the gym once this week and plan on going tomorrow as well.

I've learned that even with the best of intentions, life can and will catch up with you. So, when it does, how are you going to handle it?

In the past, I would've given up. I would've said something in my head like, "Well, I've missed two weeks, so what's the point? I may as well give up now. Oh look, a Heath bar managed to jump in my mouth in the meantime, too!" Yup, my all-or-nothing mindset got me a whole lot of nothing.

So now, I've learned, instead of giving up, you adapt.

So what if my 5 workouts per week don't land perfectly within a 7-day timeframe! Five workouts consist of my goals for 1 block of circuit training. If those 5 workouts take me 2-weeks, then so be it.

But, I'm not giving up. I will finish this!

My next "after" post, will be when I complete the next 4 parts of my 5-part workout. It may be in 4 days, it may be in 4 weeks.

Until then, don't give up on your goals because of some measly obstacles. You are capable of great things!