Friday, October 8, 2010

Dinner and a Tiger

Don't you love it when you find something that you forgot about? I just found these; a friend gave them to me! Score!

I made this snack for the kids today.
Banana spread w/Almond Butter & Cacao Nibs
The kids loved them and just gobbled them right up! Thanks Angela for the idea!

My little tiger thought it would be fun to put cover her face in face paints. I must say, she did a great job!
Yeah, that was fun to try to scrub off her face in the tub tonight! Good times.

Dinner was an Avocado & Tomato Salad w/Better Than Bottled Balsamic Vinaigrette. I love that dressing! It is SOOOO good!
The other delightful thing on this plate is Angela's Roasted Apple and Acorn Squash Soup. It was delish!

I also attempted to make Angela's Vegan Fluffy White Dinner Rolls. But I had some trouble w/my substitutes so they weren't quite done in time for dinner.

I would post my version, but I honestly didn't think mine were that great. I'm pretty sure it was because my all-purpose flour was gluten-free, so mine turned out a little crispier and not fluffy. Also, I didn't use an egg replacer, I used a mixture of flax and water. It gave my dinner rolls a heartier flavor and also didn't allow mine to rise and NOT be sticky. So, I ended up letting it rise an additional 30 minutes and then added another 1/2 cup of flour, which also could've led to the density.
sorry for the poor lighting of this photo
All in all, my rolls were just ok. I'd recommend sticking with Angela's original recipe.