Friday, October 8, 2010

Hubby Goodies

My husband is truly amazing!


While I've been sick (and thus neglecting my blog lately) and resting in bed, he was running around the house getting things done and making me food. Did I mention he was also sick himself?! How did I get so lucky?!

For lunch, he made Caitlin's Autumn Grilled Banana Sandwich. We changed the recipe a bit to be more "Endo"-zied.


Autumn Grilled Banana Sandwich
Ingredients (for 1 serving):
2 banana eggs, beaten (1/2 banana, mashed w/1/2 tsp baking soda = 1 egg)
  • Two pieces of wheat-free bread
  • 1 banana
  • 1/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
  • Drizzle of honey
  • Dash of cinnamon
  • Sprinkle of crushed pecans
Directions:
  • Grease and heat frying pan.
  • Make basic French bread by dredging the toast in banana eggs and placing on griddle.
  • Meanwhile, slice the banana length-wise and place on griddle to cook.
  • While the toast and banana cooks, mix pumpkin, chia seeds, honey, and cinnamon together in a small bowl.
  • Once toast has finished cooking, remove from heat and put bananas in between slices.  Top with pumpkin mix and pecans.


I really loved this sandwich, except I ate mine more like french toast and less like a sandwich. It wasn't too sweet either, which I appreciate.


For dinner, he made Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Pasta w/"Trees"

Brown Rice Pasta
Broccoli, cooked

Toss everything together and enjoy.
Dried Tomato & Garlic Pesto Pasta w/"Trees"
The name "Trees" comes from my DD, who loves broccoli and calls them that.
I found this dish to be a bit bland, so you might want to add something else in there to spice it up a bit... maybe more garlic? More salt? More pepper? You could even add meat, if you're a meat-eater. However, I ate it up and didn't complain, because after-all, my sick hubby made it for sick 'ol me. :) (I'm such a princess sometimes)

After making me food all day, my DD and hubby decided to even make me dessert! They whipped up a batch of Evan's Chunky Monkey Nut Butter Oaties. For the optional add-in's, he used non-dairy chocolate chips and chopped pecans. I served these at a Scentsy party and they were a huge hit! Everyone asked for the recipe!

On Tuesday, I had to skip my hip-hop class, due to this delightful cough. On Wednesday, I still felt terrible and had to cancel my running date. So, I decided to make one of Angela's Don't Get [A] Cold Green Monster's. Here was my version:


  • 3 organic kale leaves
  • 1.5 cups water
  • 1 pinch cayenne pepper
  • 1 T lemon juice
  • 3 small organic carrots
  • 1/2 organic tomato
  • 1/2 garlic clove
  • Pinch ground ginger 
  • 1 Scoop Amazing Grass Amazing Meal Chocolate Infusion
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • Black pepper
  • 1/4-1/2 cup 100% apple juice
Directions: Blend all ingredients together. 

I'm not going to lie. This wasn't one of those surprisingly "YUM!" green monsters. This was a "suck it up - it's going to make you feel better" green monsters. I nursed this baby, but I eventually got it down. Maybe next time, I'll take Angela's advice and warm it up first. ;)

I have yet to get to a yoga class on a Thursday night. Thursdays are my day off and I'm usually running around doing errands or spending the day w/my sister and her kids. Instead yesterday, I went shopping at the Outlet Mall. :) My hubby & I have an upcoming cruise that I needed some clothes for and I also found a few goodies for my exercise-life, too!
L: Gap outdoor running vest - $20
R: 2 Under Armour outdoor long-sleeved running shirts - $15 each!
I couldn't pass up those great deals! I had zero outdoor running gear. I might've found a few cute things for my DD, too...
Ivory long-sleeved shirt - $5.50
Brown vest - $10
Skinny Jean (Yes, 4T SKINNY jeans! I couldn't resist!) - $10
Woven ivory boots (too cute) - $17.50
Ok, truth be told... this isn't even HALF of the damage that was done yesterday! I had to cut myself off and didn't even visit all the stores I wanted to go to. I knew I'd already be in enough trouble w/the DH.

Today, I'm paying for being out and pushing the limit all day yesterday. My hacking is at it's worst and my throat feels like a desert. I wish that said dessert, but no, it says desert. I picked up the Traditional Medicinal's Herbal Tea Combo Pack and have been drinking tea like crazy still.

For my Christian-friend readers, please pray this cold away! (or whatever it is) I need to get back to running! And it's been such beautiful weather here; I'm so upset that I can't run in it. :(


Lastly, Whole Foods put a great 5-min long podcast on their blog called Promoting Seasonal Health. It discusses seasonal health with a Naturopathic doctor.