Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Running while in Costume

I'm fighting yet another summer cold. This makes two colds for me in 5 weeks! No fun.

I've always wondered if it's better to rest while fighting an illness or if it's better to workout your body. Thoughts? I voted for having a pajama and movie day in my house today! Rapunzel down, currently watching Mary Poppins and next will be Dora and Charlotte's Web.


Speaking of working out your body... I have my 6 week postpartum appointment on Monday and I can't wait to hear if I'm in the clear to start running again!!! This has gotten me thinking about my running goals. I'm going to start small with short-term goals and long-term goals.

My first small short-term goal is to get back to running a 5K using the C25K program. So, even though I didn't want to commit to a 5K run, I couldn't say "no" when my friend asked me if I'd run in the Anoka Halloween Gray Ghost Run 5K with her at the end of October.

See, we grew up together in Anoka and Anoka, MN is known as the Halloween Capital of the World. Every year they put on a Halloween Parade, amongst other Halloween activities, and the runners start out the parade! You can see some of last year's costume's here.

Now onto the dilemma.

If you don't wear a costume, you will stick out like a sore thumb. Almost every runner is dressed in a fun costume, that's half the fun of having them start out the parade. The dilemma is... I am not good at dressing up, I worry about chaffing and being able to run in a costume and lastly, I have very limited funds.

I found a few cute ideas on Caitlin's blog here, but I want to get ideas from you, my faithful readers! 


What should I dress up as for my first postpartum 5K?!