Here's a great way to tell the Creation story together at home. In a big bowl, add the ingredients listed as you read the story from Genesis 1:1 - 2:2
- Day 1 - God created the light and dark - add mini Oreo cookies
- Day 2 - God separated the water on the top from the water on the bottom. The top was sky, and the bottom was ground - add Frosted Mini Wheats cereal for the clouds & the ground
- Day 3 - God made the green grass, the trees, and the flowers - add green M&M's, stick pretzels & red M&M's
- Day 4 - God created the sun & the moon & the stars - add orange & yellow M&M's
- Day 5 - God made the birds & the fish - add Goldfish crackers
- Day 6 - God made man & woman & all the animals that walk on the ground - add animal crackers
- Day 7 - God rested on the 7th day - add marshmallows for 'pillows' - God blessed the 7th day & made it holy God looked at everything he made & said, "That looks good!"
~Kym Wood, Ceres, CA
Readers: Let's hear from you! What would you use as healthier substitutes in this kid-friendly snack?