Friday, January 6, 2012

Gluten-Free Spinach Sun-dried Tomato Pizza + Vegan Cheddar Cheese

Well, I am quite the klutz.

My DD inherited my DH's grandmother's mirror. It's round and gorgeous with scalloped edges. It's too heavy to hang on the wall, so we've been leaning it against furniture in her room. This morning while getting the baby from the crib, I walked by the mirror, slicing my toe open.


Guess my workouts are going to have to wait another day. Oh well, it gives me time to catch up on the MN Dept of Education's Academic Standards.

----

I am quite proud of myself in another area, though.

I repurposed my baby food jars!


I buy some of my spices from Super Target and their little glass jars were just too small. I couldn't get a measuring spoon in the top of them and trying to pour them was frustrating. Ta-Da! Problem fixed and I recycled. Go me! (By the way, I just pulled the sticker from the front of their original jars and stuck it to the baby food jars).

----

Today's lunch was super duper satisfying!

One of my favorite indulgence foods is pizza. However, pizza has wheat, dairy and a multitude of other things I probably shouldn't be eating. Other pizza crusts I've eaten or made are really flat, like thin crust pizza. This was a deep dish-style recipe and oh so filling! I was stuffed after just 2 pieces (but of course I shoveled in a 3rd piece).


Ashley's Millet Buckwheat Pizza Crust
Yields: 4 servings















I topped my pizza with organic Tomato Sauce mixed with pizza spices, sulfur-free Sun-Dried Tomatoes and raw Spinach leaves.

What's that other thing on my pizza, you ask?

Well, since I'm not eating dairy and couldn't have cheese, I thought I'd try out a different type of cheese. And it was delicious! (though it does take some getting used to)


Gena's Raw, Vegan Walnut "Cheddar Cheese"
Yields: 1-1/3 cups




I used about 1/4 cup of this and topped my pizza with it. Pull your pizza out when the cheese starts to brown a little.

Delicious!