Monday, May 9, 2011

Fun Stuff!

FAITH
Right now, our current church is doing a series titled, "The Knot" and it's all about marriage, though you don't have to be married for it to be relevant. I'd highly recommend listening to the sermons. They have been the best sermons I've heard at this church thus far!

Here are the challenges:
Week 1 - What were some of your expectations you came into marriage with? Ask your spouse how you can better serve him/her. Post in the comments section what you learned!

Week 2 - Find out something new about your spouse. Post in the comments section what you learned!
-----

As I approach the birthing event of our 2nd daughter, I've started to have a few fears about trusting my body to do what it's supposed to do for natural childbirth to be successful. When you've dealt with infertility, endometriosis, thyroid issues, PCOS, gestational diabetes, etc, it's hard to trust that your body won't let you down again. But, our God never fails! At church this weekend, here's a few quotes from some of the worship songs that spoke DIRECTLY to this issue for me...

"Our God is Stronger, God you are higher than any other...And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us? And if our God is with us, then what can stand against us?" ~Our God, Chris Tomlin

"Take me as you find me, all my fears and failures, fill my life again...Now I surrender...He can move the mountains...He rose & conquered the grave..." ~Mighty to Save, Hillsong

And finally...

Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. ~2 Corinthians 12:9a, NLT

FAMILY
30 weeks
Total Weight Gained: (-3 lbs)

For Mother's Day, I wanted to go to my very favorite festival that comes to MN only once a year ~ The Festival of Nations! This festival includes all kinds of entertainment from playing instruments and music to dances from all around the world. There's a cafe with over 35 different country booths! There's a bazaar that you can walk through and purchase things from the different countries (but beware, last year I bought stuff from the India booth then later discovered it said "made in China" on it!). And finally, there's exhibits and demonstrations featuring things from each of those countries. It truly is so one of my favorite things! Here are some picture highlights...

Hawaiian Dancers

Indian Dancers

Irish Dancers

My Lunch!
Mediterranean Salad (Egypt) - Amazing!
Bison Burger (Indian American) - No flavor; disappointed
Young Coconut feat Coconut Juice inside - Fantastic!

My DD and I sporting our Indian Bindi's

After the festival, (3-4 hours was long enough for this pregnant body! I was having contractions all day long walking around so much!) we went back home for a little snooze (the 3rd trimester tiredness seems to be returning). After our snooze, we decided to take advantage of a special going on at a restaurant for a company that I used to work for in the catering department.

Truth be told, I don't care to promote this company too often, because frankly, they suck at knowing how to treat their employees. But this special was too good to pass up! And besides, the one thing they DO get right is their food! It's amazing!

Mixed Greens Salad: Yum!
Sandwich: All-Natural Chicken, Fresh Mozzerella, Tomato, Sicilian Onions, Aioli on Piccolo Onion Focaccia: To Die For!

It was my kind of Mother's Day! How did you celebrate Mother's Day?
-------------------

The past week I've been running around like a chicken with my head cut off, trying to prepare for my DD's dance pictures.

First, I went to 3 different locations looking for the specific type and color of tights that needed to be worn. They weren't at any of the 3 stores. So, I ended up calling the studio and making sure they would have an extra pair on hand that we could purchase.

Second, I attempted to a trial-run on DD's make-up. The first attempt didn't go over so well...she threw a fit, started to cry and wouldn't let me do it. What little girl doesn't want to wear makeup?! The second attempt (after I told her she HAD to wear makeup or should couldn't dance anymore...how pathetic is that?!) didn't go much better. The makeup was too light. The third attempt, the makeup turned out perfect!


Lastly, the hair. Ugh, the hair. My DD has stick-straight, fine hair that won't hold curl...just like her Mama. :) Again, it took 3 attempts...

Attempt 1: Dry to Damp Hair, Rolled in Different Sized Rollers, No Product Used, Wore Overnight

Attempt 2: Very Wet Hair, Rolled in Smallest Rollers Only, Used Hairspray, Wore Overnight

Final Attempt: Towel-Dried Hair, Used L.A. Locks Curl Gel, Rolled in Twice the Amount of Smallest Rollers Taking Smaller Sections of Hair, Used Aquanet about 4 Times Total, Wore Almost 24 Hours

Final Hair and Makeup:

And it all was worth it! Look at how beautiful she is!
Jazz: Rubber Ducky

Tap: Goodship Lollipop (DD on Right)

FOOD/FITNESS
This week was filled with Dr's appointments and yummy food that's been doing an awesome job of keeping my blood sugars in check! I'll do a feature post tomorrow with all the goodies, so watch for that!

FUN
Lastly, for fun, I'll leave you with a song from one my favorite bands! Enjoy!