Monday, October 15, 2012

An Apple A Day...

Tis the season for Apples!

I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as our family does.

----

Lisa's Crockpot Apple Sauce
In my house, applesauce is a staple. My kids can't seem to get enough of it. But, thanks to this recipe, I won't ever buy homemade applesauce again! No preservatives!

In the morning, when my DD's bowl is empty of applesauce, this is what happens...

----

Angela's Apple Pie Oatmeal

Substitutions:
*sub - raw yacon syrup for maple syrup

----

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Serves 1

1/2 c raw oats
3/4-1 c water
dash of sea salt
1/2 c dried unsweetened apple rings, chopped
2T walnuts, finely chopped
cinnamon, to taste
powdered stevia, to taste

Make your oats with the water and sea salt. While the oats are heating, chop your apple rings and walnuts. Add to the hot oatmeal. Then, add your cinnamon and stevia, to taste. Enjoy!