Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving!

I woke up this morning still a little bummed, but feeling refreshed and thankful.

I'm thankful for each of you. None of you judged me in my moment of weakness. None of you gave me "tough love" when I needed a hug and encouragement. Instead, you flooded with me love and sound advice. I truly feel you are on my side and in this with me. Friends like you are a rarity and I'm thankful for you.

I'm thankful that I have Jesus in my life. I may get down initially, by thankfully, I have Christ. He gives me the strength to see the bright side of things. To bring me hope and restore my broken heart.

I'm thankful for the body I was given. Though my body isn't fully able to do what I'd like it to right now, it is able to still do other things. Perspective is everything.

I'm also thankful that I'm not a quitter. I will not let this deter me from doing whatever I need to do in order to run again. I will persevere! All of these things brought me to a new plan that I'm publicly committing to right now. After doing some research and getting advice from all of you and from a few professionals, I know what I need to do. I need to rest my knees and ankle. I need to strengthen the weaken muscles. I need to get proper custom inserts, correct shoes and relearn how to properly run.

So, here's my plan: For the next 12-weeks (starting Monday), I'm committing to doing Jillian Michaels' circuit training program 4-days a week, mixed with some yoga and cardio.



A typical week will look like this:

Mondays: Circuit Training (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Quads, Rectus, Abs)
Tuesdays: Circuit Training (Back, Biceps, Hamstrings, Glutes, Obliques)
Wednesdays: Yoga, Makeup Day, or Rest Day
Thursdays: Circuit Training (Chest, Shoulders, Triceps, Quads, Rectus, Abs)
Fridays: Circuit Training (Back, Biceps, Hamstrings, Glutes, Obliques)
Saturdays: Zumba
Sundays: Makeup Day or Rest Day 

*Note: Based on my schedule each week, I may need to move this around a bit, but the structure will remain the same. When the 12-weeks are up, I will re-evaluate my program and hopefully be able to start running again!


I am thankful for my husband. He only wants the best for me and for me to be happy. He is always supportive, no matter what I'm doing or if he thinks I'm being crazy. He's already agreed to do whatever he can to support me in this commitment. I love you honey! You are the perfect mate for me and not a day goes by that I'm not thankful for you and everything you do for me and for our girls. You are an amazing man and more men should take note from you! :) xoxo

If there's anything I've learned in all of this, it's this: if it hurts, listen to your body. You can trust it to tell you what it needs. You just have to listen. And never, never give up.


Lastly, I'm thankful for healthy substitutions for unhealthy yumminess! Instead of pumpkin pie today, I'll be feasting on Gena's High Raw Vegan Pumpkin Pie Pudding. Yum-O!