Saturday, April 5, 2008

Gestational Sac/Placenta

Today I passed the gestational sac/placenta. It was about 3 inches long and about 1/4-1/2 inch thick. And it was filled with veins. (I took a picture if anyone is interested in seeing it). I called the doctor, just to make sure it was normal. She said she's not surprised given what we saw on the Monday ultrasound. She also thought that this should be the end of the miscarriage and she wanted to move my ultrasound up from Thursday to Monday, if possible, just to make sure. After passing the sac, I started to bleed heavily again...filling a pad every 1/2 hour-1 hour. After two hours of this, I called the doctor. She said to hang tight for now. If it continues longer than another 2 hours or I start to get light-headed, I need to head to the hospital ER. I'll be glad when this whole thing is over for good.