Thursday, February 9, 2012

Bliss List: 2/9/2012

My blogger friend, Jen @ The Wholehearted Life, has a motto for 2012 that's "Just Be".

I think I'm going to steal it. :)

God's been working on some things in me recently.

Perfectionism.

Grace & Forgiveness for Self.

I'm learning that my mind is playing a very intricate role in all of this. Joyce Meyer has said it best in a few recent quotes on Facebook...

..."If you don't get your mind straightened out, you'll never get your life straightened out. You have to think about what you're thinking about."

..."You are not what you feel-you are what you believe. Your feelings will catch up if you're steadfast in your belief."


..."A positive attitude enables you to make the best of every situation. That gives you power over your circumstances instead of allowing your circumstances to have power over you."


and the good ol Bible, too...

..."Where the mind goes, the man follows. (Proverbs 23:6)

Jen, recently linked up to a post called "Bliss List", where you focus on the good things...things that brought you joy, happiness, laughter & bliss over the past week.

In an effort to start focusing on the positive & less on the negative, I wanted to participate (even though I'm a bit late in being able to link up with it).

Here's my bliss list:

1. While running errands, my DD & I found a Lucy waitress at Key's Cafe! I wish I could take Lucy the waitress home with me & set her up in my living room! She makes me smile.

2. I had the most heavenly facial! I also dyed my hair brown & cut it! And I love it!!!

3. A high school friend's brother went missing, but they found him, thank God!

4. I participated in a Believer's Baptism by full immersion! I had so many amazing friends come out to support me. I am blessed!

5. My 5-yr-old's comments crack me up. "Mommy, is that birthday cake for you getting bathtized?"

6. We finally made a decision on Kindergarten. We're going to be a homeschooling family!




7. Had a great adult women's sleepover with my team mates from All Things New. My relationship with these women is so rich, real and loving! I love you ladies!!!

This was fun! And felt so good and made me smile. :) I think I may start doing this weekly.

What's your Bliss List?