Friday, February 17, 2012

Sugar/Syrup-Free Peppermint Mocha

I've been craving a Starbuck's Peppermint Mocha, but finances and ingredients have prevented me from indulging.

In cases like these, I get really excited to find a recipe or an inspiration and make up my own!

I found this recipe for inspiration and you can find my recipe below.

Enjoy!

Sugar/Syrup-Free Peppermint Mocha
3 T unsweetened baking cocoa powder
3 T boiling water
4 oz freshly brewed coffee (I used decaf)

1 tsp peppermint extract
1 packet stevia extract

6 oz heavy whipping cream + 6 oz almond coconut milk (you can use any combo, or all almond milk)

Combine 3 T cocoa powder with 3 T boiling water and whisk until you get a creamy chocolate sauce. Pour into a 16 oz mug. Add coffee. Add peppermint extract and stevia. Warm cream/milk in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until hot. Add to your cup. Whisk until well mixed. Enjoy!