Sunday, October 3, 2010

His Princess: Love Letters from Your King

I have this devotional sitting in my bathroom and occasionally I'll pick up and read the devotion for the day. I love this devotional, because it's written in love letter form from God to ME (or you!). It always seems to meet me right where I am at. And when I was at the worst of dealing with infertility and was angry with God and couldn't pray, I would read these and slowly I warmed back up to being with the Lord. Today's was no different. It met me right where I am. I felt validated and reassured in my choices to pursue healthy living. And in using my running time to be with the Him and be "still" (at least in my mind!) Enjoy and Happy Sunday!

My Princess...
SET YOUR BOUNDARIES
Come to Me, My precious, when you feel out of control and overextended. I want to take you to a place where you can be still and reflect on your life. I did not call you to be everything to everyone. You have placed that demand on yourself. Even My son, Jesus, needed to walk away from the demands of the crowd and find comfort alone with Me. Let's write out what really matters most to you, so we can draw some boundaries to preserve your peace of mind and purpose for living. Even I drew the boundaries around the mighty ocean. It's good to take control of your valuable time and realize it's all right to say no. That one word will deliver you from a life of pressure to a place of amazing control and peace.
Love,
Your King who knows your boundaries

Mark out a straight path for your feet; then stick to the path and stay safe. Don't get sidetracked; keep your feet from following evil. ~Proverbs 4:26-27