Saturday, June 18, 2011

Diabetics Eat Burritos, too

Normally, I love thunderstorms.

But last night's storm was ridiculous.

The thunder was so loud that it woke up my entire household numerous times.

In addition, my DD woke up several times due to bad dreams and seeing "something flying" in her bedroom. I don't even want to begin to think about what she thinks she saw.

Needless to say, I slept some of the night in my DD's single bed and no one got much sleep.

I was soooo bummed. I had plans to meet an old college friend bright and early for the St. Paul's Farmer's Market, which I had never been to before. But, I was just so exhausted from yesterday's Labor & Delivery Scare and then no sleep, that I had to reschedule. :(

I stayed in bed all morning, sleeping off and on.

My DH brought me my Breakfast Protein Shake in bed. :) And then made me this awesome burrito for lunch! Yes, diabetics can eat burritos, too.

Red Pepper, Bean & Cheese Burrito
1/2 c black beans, canned
1 c carrots, chopped & fresh organic spinach
1 T red pepper hummus (our favorite is Holy Land)
chipotle seasoning, to taste

Throw it all in the wrap. Place in the microwave for 30 seconds, or until the wrap is slightly warm and cheese is melted. Enjoy!

----

Between yesterday and today, we had 4 things on our to do list:
  • Pack our hospital bags Done!
  • Plan meals for the rest of the month Done!
  • Go grocery shopping/To St. Paul Farmer's Market
  • Gather items & label for this week's garage sale
I'm a little scared to go grocery shopping. 

We recently did this...



Yup! We like to swim upstream. :) We cut up all of our credit cards.

Living off a zero-balance budget is freeing! And also stressful at times, like the last week or two of the month when you need to go grocery shopping and money is starting to running out!

So, what to do, what to do?

Go grocery shopping (on our limited budget)? Start gathering items for the sale? Or go back to bed?

I think bed on a rainy Saturday sounds nice! :)