Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Father's Day: Picnic - Pt 2

Here's, part 1 of our day, in case you missed it.

----

Como Zoo has a beautiful park area surrounding it, which is the perfect setting for a picnic. Originally, we were hoping for more time, so we could have our picnic and play yard games, but we were running out of time. So, we settled for the picnic.

My husband is so amazing, that he made my lunch on his own Father's Day! And it was delicious!


Ben's Makeshift Salad
handful fresh romaine, chopped
handful fresh spinach
1/4 c cucumber, chopped
1/4 c carrots, chopped
2 T pecans
1 T sunflower seeds
2 T cashews
mild cheddar cheese, shredded
2 T bleu cheese dressing (my fav is Lighthouse)

DH was eating leftovers: cooked sweet potatoes with butter & pumpkin pie spice, raw julienne-cut carrots, watermelon and Anne's Sweet Potato Lentil Chili (we added the optional kale & 1 lb of hormone-free, grass-fed ground beef to the recipe).

----

Before we move onto Part 3 of our day (the local famous ice cream shop), I asked my DH to gather up his favorite recipes from my blog. So, here they are! Enjoy and I hope the "Father's" in your life enjoy them, too!

Lunches/Dinners
Averie's Sweet & Sour Veggie Stir Fry
Red Pepper, Bean & Cheese Burrito

Appetizers/Sides/Snacks
Angela's Easy & Delicious Bruchetta
H&H's Moroccan Carrot Salad
Oven Fries

Breakfasts/Desserts