I'm 2 days away from my due date!
I have Laryngitis. :( Boo.
I started feeling like I had a sore throat on Tuesday and finally went to the Dr yesterday after not being able to sleep and fighting a horrible & persistent dry cough.
Of course, there's not a whole lot that they can do & could the timing be any worse?!
So, for now, I'm just trying to find relief in whatever way I can & pray this baby stays put until I'm feeling well enough to deliver her with confidence.
Here are my remedies:
All of these things above are mostly natural ways to boost my immune system and help soothe my sore throat.
- Ricola Natural Honey Lemon with Echinacea Cough Drops - Fights Cough; Soothes Sore Throat
- Amazing Grass Chocolate Superfoods Greens Mix - Boost Veggies & Fruit Intake; Detoxifies & Boosts Immune System
- Emergen-C Immune Defense Fizzy Drink Mix - Boost Immune System
- Protech Nutritionals Pro-Zinc Plus Lozenges (got from my Chiropractor)
- Premier Research Labs CoQ-Quniol - Immune System Support
- Premier Research Labs Max B Liquid Vitamins - Immune System Support
- Hot Vinegar Gargle (not pictured) - Kills Germs; Instant Sore Throat Relief
- Water & Tea - Helps Keep Throat Lubricated
These are my not-so-natural things that I only use if I absolutely need to!
- Ayr Saline Nasal Mist - Helps Clear Mucus; Restores Moisture
Salt Gargle- (I replaced this w/the Hot Tea Gargle shown above)
- Robitussin with Codeine - Helps Suppress Cough & Lets Me Sleep!
- Chloraseptic Spray - Temporarily Relieves Sore Throat Pain
- Fioricet - Helps Alleviate Migraine & Sore Ears/Chest from Dry Cough
Of course, in the moments when the soothers are working & I'm feeling pretty good, I have to let loose a little. So, we had a 30-second dance party in the kitchen. :)
That's right! This 40-week pregnant Mama can still shake it! :) I may be sick, but my Spirit isn't crushed.
Have a great weekend everyone!