Thursday, July 7, 2011

Nesting & Operation Pamper Mommy

How is it Thursday already? And how I have not posted since Sunday?! Geesh, time is getting away from me this week!

This week has been all about Operation Pamper Mommy & possibly evict Baby! :)

  • Saturday, I took DD to the salon & we got pedicures. I didn't have so much as even a single contraction. :( (Ok, maybe a Braxton Hicks one, but that doesn't count)
  • Saturday night, a friend & I met to see the movie, "Bridesmaids". Super good & funny movie! (But, I hate when people hype up a movie, cause then it never lives up to the expectations of the hype for me. Still, I'd see this movie again. I'm still laughing thinking about certain parts!)
  • Sunday night the family & I went to see a local waterski show.
  • Monday was 4th of July! (see pictures below)
  • Tuesday afternoon I had my midwife appointment. I'm dilated 2 cm, 50% effaced & baby is (finally) in a (-1) position. It could be any day; it could be a few weeks still. Ugh, the waiting game is the worst!
  • Tuesday night I had a prenatal massage & ever since, I've been having all kinds of "real labor" contractions! However, there's still no regularity to them.
  • Last night I (finally) was able to get my hair highlighted again! It's been months, because we just haven't been able to find the money for it. I feel like a million bucks now (will post a newer picture soon)!
38 weeks; Total Weight Gained: +1 lb
----
Fourth of July was pretty low-key for us. We decided to just lounge around all day and rent a movie. 

We rented the movie 127 Hours.
[image source]
This was a great movie! This was about a seasoned climber who didn't tell anyone where he was going & ended up getting stuck in a canyon almost 50 ft down for 6 days & the measures he had to take to survive. It's based on a true story (which I love). The guy it's based on has gotten some slack for being an "idiot" and "careless" (which I would agree with), but I also have to say that he still had to endure cheating death & taking extreme measures to save his life. Pretty extraordinary, if you ask me. There were definitely parts where I had to look away, because I'm a very visual person & can't handle the pure gruesomeness of it. But, overall, this was well worth my time & I highly recommend it.

After the movie, some friends came over for some backyard kiddie pool and sprinkler fun!
 

 





Afterwards, we headed over to the receded beach and set-up for the fireworks!
 
All-in-all, it was a fun 4th of July!
----

So, what else has been taking up all my time? Nesting!

Nesting ('nestin) -n. The tendency to arrange one's immediate surroundings, such as a work station, to create a place where one feels secure, comfortable, or in control.

  Our Pantry

  Our Fridge


We got a new picture for our kitchen from a garage sale for free! It reminds me of the farm & I can't believe how much it warms up the feel of my kitchen!












Our cookbooks!

The girls' closet (baby's clothes are on the top, DD clothes are on the bottom-she loves dressing herself though she doesn't always match!)






Next project...


Our loose recipes. Oy. 

I don't even know where to begin with these. Some we've tried, some we haven't tried yet. Guess we need a pile for each & toss the rest.

Then there's what to do with them. There's software programs you can buy for your hard drive, like MacGourmet, or there's free websites you can enter your recipes into, like Epicurious or AllRecipes. There's the old fashioned way, of just filing them in a little file box like you see in the picture above (but clearly we've "outgrown" our file box) or neatly organizing them in a 3-ring binder.

HELP! What do you use and/or recommend for organizing loose recipes?
----

I've also been doing a bit of shopping. :)














How adorable are these matching "Big Sister" & "Little Sister" outfits?!















DD picked out the little elephant cuddly blanket to give to her sister when she arrives. And the rings will be from the baby to DD.
----

Lastly, I'm thinking that after the baby arrives, I'd like to put together a little Direct Sales Extravaganza. 

There are so many great direct sales companies out there right now and I couldn't possibly hold parties for all of the one's that I want to. So, I thought, why not hold an outdoor extravaganza with refreshments? 

Each company will have a table set-up and a time to do a mini presentation. 

And as a bonus, everyone will be able to visit and see the new baby! 

What are your favorite Direct Sales Companies that I should consider inviting?