Sunday, August 22, 2010

Get Outta Your Rut!

I woke up again Friday with a horrible migraine, so my beloved husband made me oatmeal with raisins and cinnamon. I added some pumpkin pie spice just for more flavor.


I also mixed together my sample of Greens First from the chiropractor to try. It surprisingly wasn't too bad. I tried to the mint flavor. For more information on Greens First, click here. A fellow blogger, Angela, uses Amazing Grass products. 



Fridays in the summer are my days off from the daycare. It's also my husband's day off, so this Friday I got to run all my errands and go shopping... by MYSELF!!! I grabbed a bottled spring water and the jar of organic peanuts and headed out the door to my post-op appointment. After getting GREAT news (everything looks as normal as possible now; endometriosis couldn't be confirmed) I left realizing that I was hungry! It was almost noon and I had lots more shopping to do. So, I headed to McDonald's expecting to order a salad. As I was standing in line, I realized that all of the salad dressings contain milk. I was so frazzled and hungry, that I decided to order a banana strawberry smoothie instead. As I headed back to the car, smoothie in hand, straw in mouth, I realized, "Crap! This has yogurt in it!" I was so hungry that I slurped it down an shoved a handful of peanuts in my mouth anyway. Oh well... you win some, you lose some.



I headed to the mall before finishing my smoothie, excited to start shopping! After a couple hours of purchasing my goodies, I realized I really needed to eat... I was beginning to lose steam. So, I headed to the food court... Subway!


Sometimes in life, we get stuck in a rut with our food choices. How many of you go to a restaurant and always order the same thing? Here's my challenge: try something new the next time you go to a restaurant. Here's why: I went to Subway and ordered the chicken on wheat bread (which I've had before). Except this time I got no cheese and loaded on the veggies: spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, pickles and banana peppers (In the past I've only ordered lettuce and pickles). In realizing that I can no longer get my usual mayo, I had the courage to ask them which of their sauces were dairy-free; I ended up getting the sweet onion sauce. In the end, I LOVED THIS SANDWICH MORE THAN MY USUAL RUT SANDWICH!!! Yum!

Friday night was DATE NIGHT! We decided to double w/some friends & head to BWW, so the boys could enjoy the MN Twins Game while we ate dinner. I was so very proud of myself - I knew what I wanted, but I didn't know if their sauce had dairy in it, so I asked! Those of you who know me know that this is a big step for me! I was shocked to see how many of them contained dairy, including the mild sauce, which is what I wanted. Darn! 


So, I decided on the Chicken Tender Wrap (hold the cheese) w/Honey BBQ Sauce. Yum! I didn't eat much of the chips, cause well, they're not good for you (and the fried chicken is?!), but also because the salsa they came w/tasted like spaghetti sauce. Yuck. :( 


Ben & I split a basket of deep-fried pickles - my favorite! I ate mine w/o the ranch dipping sauce. 
After we were all thoroughly stuffed, we headed to Brunswick Zone, to bowl & also play in the arcade & work off some of those calories! :)

Only to put some calories back on...


...This was my first-time trying Honey Weiss beer! Oh my! Soooooo good!


We ended the night w/a sugar-loaded dessert... a single Airhead. ;) Hey, @least it's got no dairy!