Monday, August 30, 2010

Weekend-FAIL, Water-FAIL, Exercise-FAIL

This past weekend was the first weekend away with my new lifestyle. We went to my in-laws' cabin. I packed my dairy-free options & went on my way. I did pretty well, for the most part... I passed on things like lasagna, burgers, french toast & dessert bars. It was surprisingly easier than I anticipated. I did, however, give in to a few things I probably shouldn't have had... Mike & Ike's candy, Mountain Dew & Soy Chocolate Ice Cream. Yikes! Ah well, you win some & you lose some. Changing your lifestyle is hard & will take practice. Practice makes perfect!

So, I've decided to continue another week of getting in enough water & adding in exercise, since last week was a total and complete FAILURE. I changed in yoga for meeting with friends, running for excuses of it being too windy and water for well, I have no excuse. So, here's to another week of dairy-free, water-drinking, exercising-loving (fake it till you make it, right?) living!

Now, here are some questions for you... I want to see those comments, readers!!!
1) How do you stay healthy and on-plan when you're out of town?
2) How do you ensure you're drinking your 8 glasses of water per day?
3) What kinds of activities/exercise do you do? How do you make sure you incorporate them into your life and make them a priority?