Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Healed, Healthy, Whole

As I mentioned in a previous post, I attended a prayer cabin a few weeks ago. During that time, while in prayer, I stumbled across this verse...

Revelations 2:17 TNIV - Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches. To those who are victorious, I will give some of the hidden manna. I will also give each of them a white stone with a new name written on it, known only to the one who receives it.

I then felt that God told me "Speak as if this were so. You will no longer be called Broken, Barren & Infertile." and then there was silence. Really, God? You're just going to leave me hanging?! 

It wasn't until about 1:30 in the morning that I woke up out of a deep sleep with a phrase being repeated in my head over and over and over again. I finally realized what was happening... the Lord woke me up with my NEW Name!!! "You will no longer be called Broken, Barren & Infertile. Instead you will be called, "Healed. Whole. and Healthy. Repeat this phrase in the mirror everyday 10 times, 'I am healed. I am whole. I am healthy.'" Confession: I have yet to stand in front of a mirror and do this. Why? I've been seeing a Christian therapist to help me make some sense of my situation. She pointed out to me that the phrase is in present-tense, "I AM healed. I AM whole. I AM healthy." Since I just underwent another surgery for reoccurring endometriosis, I don't FEEL healed & whole. 

However, I am realizing something today...

1) I have tried for years and years to get my eating & health under control. It isn't until NOW that I'm actually able to stick to it. That is because I am seeking God's help each and every step of the way. I am only doing what God leads me to do. I'm not trying to do it in my strength anymore. So, I AM HEALTHY!

2) Being healed & whole is a promise the Lord gave to me. My healing & wholeness will only come from Him & Him alone. And it will be in His timing, not mine. I must not lose hope or give up on Him. I must learn to trust.

3) Before God gave me my new name, He said, "Speak this as if it were so." I was so excited to get my new name, and so confused by the silence at first, that I missed this part. But, this part is SO important. God was promising me my healing & wholeness THAT IS YET TO COME. He gave me my new name in PRESENT tense, so that I can speak it as if it were so! This is a tool He's given me against the Enemy! God is so good!


I making it a goal & a promise to my readers that I WILL start speaking this phrase to myself (if even silently in my head) on a DAILY basis! Amen!