Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Let Go of Guilt

Recently, my SIL asked me how I "hear" from God. I told her that everyone is different, but for me, I've "heard" from God in the various forms: clearing my mind of my own thoughts & meditating until a "thought" pops into my head that isn't my own, reading various things (like the Bible, a blog, a book, a devotional), through a conversation with a friend, etc. These "thoughts" are usually confirmed through a very strong feeling I have (from the Holy Spirit) or through giving me "evidence" reiterating what I've already "heard". Here is a prime example...

If you read my post from a few days ago here, you will know that I was just speaking about feeling guilty. A day or so after I posted that, I opened my devotional (which I only open every so often, mostly when I get a feeling that I'm supposed to) and here is what it said...

(The devotional is called His Princess: Love Letters from Your King, and is written as such... in a love letter format)

Isaiah 43:18-19 NIV - "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing!"

My Princess,
All have sinned and fallen short of My glory, so why won't you forgive yourself when you fall? Don't you know that I will pick you up when you call out to me and repent? There is no wrong that can keep Me, your King, from redeeming you back to your royal life again. Read My Word; My love; many of My chosen ones made mistakes. Just as I gave each of them a new start, so will I do the same for you. This is a new day, and I am ready to do a new thing in you. Now, let go of guilt, and trust Me to work out what went wrong. Just watch me make you into the person I called you to be. I am the God of second chances, and my mercy endures forever!
Love,
Your King who removes your guilt