Tuesday, September 7, 2010

MIA... Meet my new friends

Hi readers! I must apologize for being MIA with my posts lately. Life has been busy with getting ready to send my daughter off to preschool for the first time tomorrow, trying to get my daycare prepared to start a curriculum, trying to interview and research colleges for me to get my Master's in elementary education, etc. Crazy busy! So... here's what my tummy's been enjoying lately.

MEET BREAKFAST...




Bananas, Greek Yogurt, Raisin Bran & Slivered Almonds

Raisin Bran w/Rice Milk topped w/Peanuts



Meet Lunch...

Baked Potato w/cooked Broccoli and Daiya "Cheese"
served w/salad

Salad w/Cabbage, Romaine, Tomatoes, deli Turkey and Pickles
topped w/Balsamic Vinaigrette

Salad w/Romaine, deli Turkey, Cucumbers and Bacon Bacon
Meet Snack...

I've had such good luck w/Valencia Oranges this year. Super juicy!
Angela's 60s Black Bean Dip
Changes to original recipe:
*I added water to get the beans to process better
*I added Garlic Garlic and Onion Onion
Granny Smith Apple
served w/plain Greek Yogurt mixed w/Pure Maple Syrup
topped w/Almond Butter
Everything you need to make an awesome cup of
Homemade Hot Chocolate!

Meet Side Dish...

Cooked Acorn Squash
served w/Caramelized Onions
and finally, Meet My New Favorite Friends...

No Dairy!

Coconut Oil... sooo good for you and just plain soooo good!
Cold-Pressed Virgin Sunflower Oil... yum!
I'm pretty much over bottled dressings... I'll be making my own from now on.
But if you need a bottled dressing... this one takes the cake.