Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Playing Catch Up

Sometimes when life gets crazy, you play catch up! :)

BREAKFAST
Gala Apple w/...
...My FAVORITE nut butter
Angela's Grape, Banana & Apple Cobbler
Changes to original recipe:
*I used whole wheat flour
*I used blueberries
*I replaced the banana w/watermelon
This was so amazing! I wanted to eat the whole pan full!
Only suggestion: use less than called for or no salt
SNACK
Green Monster made w/Maca Powder and Wheat Grass
In review: the Wheat Grass has a VERY strong flavor.
The Maca Powder is MY NEW BEST FRIEND!
Said to be great for fertility!
Onto more snacks...
My daughter wanted a Larabar, too, but I only had 1, so I made a makeshift Lara-snack.
In the mix is the same ingredients as my bar: almonds, coconut, dates, chocolate :)
This poor little date was all that was left, so I ate him. :)
Peanut Butter Chocolate Protein Green Monster
Don't ask me what was in the mix. I can't remember. lol

My mom's group just started up again and they always have tons of crap-food available.
I was so excited to see all the fresh fruit & peanuts! Except these peanuts were yuck.
But the fruit & tea were delish!
I could live off Sea Salt Pita Chips and Red Pepper Hummus!
Lunches & Dinners
 
Changes to original recipe:
*I only used 1/2 an acorn squash & I cooked it in the microwave first
*I didn't soak my cashews first
*I used 1 small avocado
*I omitted the fresh basil leaves (cause I forgot them, oops)

Best. Salad. Ever.
Changes to original recipe:
*I substituted romaine for spinach
*I didn't toast my pecans
*I didn't double the dressing recipe

After all the yummy food...

Which then led to this...