Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ever Oozed Garlic From Your Pores?

So, my water and exercise intake still isn't great. Boo-hoo. But, my food intake has been amazing! I started out my day with this...

Look at that food, just waiting for someone to come along and eat it. :)

As mentioned in previous posts, I've been having some trouble with my skin and breakouts ever since my surgery. I read on Angela's blog that if you drink a Green Monster every day, it should help, so those will be my snacks this week.


This one was Angela's Virgin Green Monster and though it looks and sounds scary, it isn't at all! It's soooo good for you and was really yummy! I promise! I can't wait to try all the other recipes!

For those of you who like to add sugar to your fruit...
1) Squirt some fresh orange juice over your fruit
2) Drizzle with a little Pure Maple Syrup
3) Enjoy!
I was so hungry and excited to eat my lunch, that I forgot to take a picture! Watch for tomorrow's post, where I'll post pictures of the Chickpea Salad that I ate. I enjoyed the salad with fruit and an Ezekiel wrap filled with Red Pepper Hummus, Tomato Paste, Basil (I ran out of fresh, so I just used dried) and Romaine. DE-LISH!

After the last of the daycare kiddos got picked up, my daughter and I quickly ran over to the Farmer's Market to pick up our produce for the week. Look at what we got for just over $20! Oh Farmer's Market, I love you so... what am I going to do in a month when you're gone?!

Green Peppers, Brussel Sprouts, Tomatoes, Raw Honey, Fresh Basil,
Watermelon, Squash and Eggplant
I was hoping to get these things home fast, so I could make Bruchetta for dinner before we had to fly out the door to meet with another college about their MAT program. But no such luck. Instead I made myself an Amazing Grass Chocolate Shake (NOT my favorite by itself) and ran out the door. We got home around 7:30 and my family was starving, so I threw together Angela's  Easy & Delicious Bruchetta.


I royally messed up this recipe, but it was still good. There was FAR too much garlic in it, but that might be because I substituted the EVOO for my leftover Roasted Garlic-Infused Oil. My daughter wouldn't even eat it, cause it had such a kick from the garlic. I swear I woke up with garlic oozing out my pores. lol. I LOVED the chunks of tomatoes and fresh basil, though. Oh, and the store was out of Ciabatta bread, so I had to get their fresh baked white bread. I bet it would've been better with the Ciabatta.