Monday, September 13, 2010

Hope & Hearts Walk

The Hope & Hearts walk was really bittersweet. It was a great way to honor my deceased babies. Walking a 5K when you haven't exercised in a looooong time is not the best idea, though, especially if you have endometriosis. I had the worst cramping/pain by the end of it. :( It did, however, spark my interest in wanting to run again. I think I'll ease into, though.

Had to start the day off right... I made my own version of a Green Monster.
You aren't, however, going to get the recipe. It wasn't very good. 
Walking in honor of deceased babies.
L to R: Me, my friend Amy, Ben (my hubby)
Zoe & Haven are mine. Libby is a friends.
April is another friend's. Lost at 15 weeks gestation.
We're ready!


The weather was beautiful!
TONS of people came out to support this event
The Memorial Wall

My daughter w/the "hearts" of her siblings
During the commemorative ceremony, the name of the deceased babies were read.
You released your balloon as your child's name was called.
It was called "Releasing Hearts to Heaven"
My daughter saw me crying and came over to give me a hug. :)
"Mommy, why are you sad?"
"Because I miss your sisters"
NOT the best pic of me, but I wanted to show you the raw emotion


Check out our FREE loot!
(and we'd already ate some before this picture)
Had to take a pic of this. Too funny!