Saturday, September 18, 2010

Time to Get Serious

Sorry in advance, cause this post is a little ADD! lol

Recently I got smart and stopped buying bottled spring water at Costco and Target. Instead, Costco had a good deal on a new filtered water pitcher and filter refills. So, I grabbed it up and I'm drinking A LOT more water! At my most recent Target run, they had Camelbak water bottles that you have to bite to get it to come out. I bought one in pink (cause I can't resist pink) and I'm LOVING IT!!! Except it does have a learning curve to get used to biting and sucking through a straw at the same time.

Speaking of Camelbak, I've seen some of my blogger-friends who are runners, wearing those Camelbak water-thingies on their back, while they run. I have a few questions... how sanitary does it stay? Doesn't it bounce around on your back while you run? And is Camelbak the best or are other brands just as good?

So, I've been thinking about where I am at on my plan. I've decided to adopt the 90/10 rule. 90% of the time, I eat like I'm supposed to, 10% I don't and I always do the best I can. It seems to be working. I'm down 4 lbs, without really trying. But, this also made me realize that it's time to get serious about not just eliminating dairy, but sticking closer to the WHOLE plan. So, in a nutshell, the plan is Wheat-free, Red Meat-free, Dairy-free, Added/Artificial sugar-free and Soy-free. I'll go into more detail later for each thing, but that's the jist of it. So, here goes nothing! Of course, I'm going to try to use up what I have already, or that would get quite spendy!

Lastly, it's time to get serious about adding exercise back into my new lifestyle. I've realized that I need to schedule-in my time for exercise. And having buddies, helps me a ton. One thing I know about myself... I will NOT exercise at night, if left up to my own devices. And variety is the spice of my exercise life. lol. So, here's the plan... Tuesday nights I'm going to take a Hip Hop Dance Class at my daughter's dance studio with my friend, Jen. I miss dancing a lot, but developed stage-fright, so didn't want to perform. This class is the answer. Wednesday nights I found a buddy to start training for my 10K Mud Run with me. And Thursday nights are the only nights of the week that I can actually make it to Yoga at my gym. I want to train at least 3-4 days a week for my 10K, so I'll have to either wake up early and run on my own 2-3 days a week or I'll have to do it on my Saturdays and Sundays. We'll have to play each week by ear. I'm writing this here for accountability! No backing out now! (Is it bad that I'm already thinking about deleting this paragraph before I even publish it?!)

Ok, so lately, I've also seen some of my blogger-friends posting stats on how fast they ran each mile and how long they ran total and blah, blah, blah. I WANT ONE! Except, I don't know what it is. What are you people using that does this? Do you need special software? How does it work? Where do I get one?

The End.